Friday, January 16, 2009

More Android fun (NOT!)

Man, today is not my day for doing Android work!

I've been trying for the whole morning and the past two hours to either a) get my Dev phone recognized by my Linux boxes (no luck so far) and b) get my app running on the Dev phone via my Macbook.

A major problem is moving an Eclipse/Android app from one machine to another. I can understand needing to do a Project -> Build All on the new machine but there were still weird problems. I ended up just rerunning the app several times until all the gremlins were shaken out.

For future reference, if you do move Android projects from one machine to another, remember to copy your ~/.android/debug.keystore from one machine to another. I don't know exactly what it does, but your maps won't work otherwise.

Now I have to prep for a phone conference about putting on a cloud computing conference on Wall Street and then take my second Google interview. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment