Tuesday, February 17, 2009

That was a short day of programming

Today I decided to work on the Google AppEngine (GAE) side of my application's ecology. If you have a Google account, you can see it here. I know, not much to look at.

What I wanted to do today was to get the AppEngine and the Android talking to one another via RESTful calls. I wrote a routine to take the data from GAE and convert it into a type of KML format. When I uploaded it, I found I couldn't save or update data. :-( There is something wrong with the urlfetch() call; strange becasue I didn't touch that code. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the GAE mailing list.

Maybe I'll go work on a website for this app for marketing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment