Monday, February 23, 2009

Not much to report, I'm afraid.

I had two job interviews last week. I'll report on those once I hear back from them.

I'm working on a presentation on Google's App Engine for the NYC Cloud Computing Group this Thursday (20090226). Problem is I can't find the right hook to make it entertaining.

Yes, you can make a technical talk entertaining. I'm also working on a presentation for the NYC Android Developers Group about my App Engine and Android ecosystem. The hook there is (I hope) very entertaining: a Lessig-style story followed by a functional demonstration followed by code discussion and Q&A.

I need to get at least two more functions working to pull off the demo. If I'm lucky, I might be able to demo my talk at the next ABE-PM meeting or even the LUG/IP meeting (although I think the next one is spoken for already).

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment